Last Modified: 15th July 2014
- Users can access the Services through our website www.imporex.com.au, through applications on devices (sometimes referred to as Apps), through APIs, or they can access the site via third party web links or third party Apps. A “Device” is any computer used to access the Service and it may be (but not limited to) a computer, laptop, palmtop, desktop, tablet, smart-phone, mobile phone or other consumer electronic device.
Information you provide
- We may collect your personal information for the purposes of providing the Services. We will only collect your personal information to the extent necessary for us to perform the Services. Particulars of how we collect and use your personal information are set out below. You consent to such collection and use.
- When you register as a user, and when you register a company, we collect some personal information including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, email address, credit card or billing information, location, company details and postal addresses.
- You may also ask us to import information from other computer systems, such as supplier information from your ERP or Accounts System, such as Supplier Names, GL Codes, cost centres etc).
- You may also provide us with contact information for other persons or entities in order to allow us to allow you to send messages to those persons or entities.
- You may also ask us to use your social network information if you give us access to your social network connection services.
- You may also, by the nature of the Service, provide us with information concerning who your suppliers and customers are, and the products, services and prices that you buy and sell them for.
- We may also receive information either from you directly or from our partners or suppliers that you interact with.
- When you use the system we automatically record information about your use of the service. This is referred to as “log data”. This log data includes, but is not limited to, your devices IP address, browser type, the web page visited before ours, information you search for through our website, locale preferences, ID numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, data and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your files, and other interactions with the Service.
- We use Google Analytics as well as our own programming to capture this information. To view what information might be collected, please visithttp://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html . Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
Sharing the information you provide
- We will use and disclose your information for the primary purpose of performing the Services to you. However we may also need to use your personal information for the following purposes. You consent to us using your personal information for this purpose.
- Your own individual and your company information are listed in the Admin section of the site, and to some degree you are able to change that information. It should be noted that your username (as you set it) would be visible to other users of the system from within your company.
- Imporex does also employ the services of third parties to help us provide Services to you, such as the processing of credit card payments, marketing support, delivery of goods or otherwise provide services to help us serve you better. They may have access to your information as required in order to permit them to perform their obligations to us. This information may be stored in Australia or in any other jurisdiction that Imporex operates. Imporex may be required to respond to subpoenas or court orders, or be asked to respond to other legitimate requests for your information from appropriate law enforcement or governmental authorities, from within Australia or overseas. We may not necessarily provide you with notice of such requests. We will only release information to such third parties if we feel it is appropriate to comply with the law, prevent fraud, protect the safety of a person from death or serious bodily injury, or to protect Imporex’s property rights, employees or agents, or the rights of our users.
- Imporex also reserves the right to report any suspected unlawful activity to the appropriate authorities. And such report will be done without prior notice to you, and you consent to such disclosure by us.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or a restructure with other affiliate companies, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
- We may disclose your non-personal, non-private or aggregated information to third parties.
- If you choose to use one of our public forums or blogs you should be aware that the information that you post there may be read, collected and used by others who access them. Your posts to these forums may remain even when you cancel your account. Once you post to these forums you do not have the ability to remove the posts, nor the right to do so. We do retain the right to remove posts at our discretion, without any notification to you and without making any compensation to you.
- We may also need to disclose your personal information to related companies, our consultants and professional advisers or our debt collection service.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. These steps include allowing you to update your information in the Admin section of the site. Please note you are responsible for updating your own personal information by using this section of the site.
Resolving your privacy concerns
- Our privacy officer is Tristan Creed. The following are the contact details for our privacy officer.
– Address: 1002/279 Wellington Parade South, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
– Telephone: +61 3 9650 6597
Our Policy towards children
- Imporex is designed for businesses, or individuals old enough to trade as though they were a business. We do not knowingly collect information from children. Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to use this site unless you are employed by an entity that uses this site and are using this site under the supervision of an adult employed by that entity. If you are using this site you warrant that you are either 18 years or older or are employed by an entity that uses this site and supervised by an adult employed by that entity. If you are under 18 years old we ask that you stop using the site now unless you satisfy the criteria in this clause.
- We always value feedback, but be aware that any feedback, comments or suggestions you send to us or post in our forums (either on the site or external to it) may be used by us without any obligation to you.